Helpful hints for fundraisers
- Plan your work/project well in advance of needing the funding.
- Give yourself plenty of time to fundraise and thoroughly research possible funding sources.
- Be realistic when working on your budget.
- Keep a record of how you worked out the budget costs and what information you used.
- When working out salary costs ensure that the advice you get is current by talking to someone who specialises in pay roll. Your local CVS may be able to help.
- If you are applying for money to build or renovate a building you need to think about how it will be maintained after it is built and where the running costs will come from.
- If you are purchasing transport, you need to think about who will drive it, where it will be stored, how it will be maintained and when and how it will be replaced.
- If you are not certain whether your project qualifies for a grant, don’t send an application but seek clarification from the Trust Secretary.
- Keep your application brief and to the point.